My Best Friend's Wedding (Distro Title)
This product is currently sold out.
You're invited to the first vinyl release of the soundtrack to the classic rom-com My Best Friend’s Wedding! This 1997 film brilliantly brought the genre into the modern age with Julia Roberts as a hellbent wedding wrecker and Rupert Everett as her gay best friend and reluctant co-conspirator. The film's soundtrack went Top 20 on the U.S. charts with a heavy dose of Burt Bacharach-Hal David songs featuring both original (Jackie DeShannon's "What the World Needs Now Is Love") and more contemporary takes (Ani DiFranco's "Wishin' and Hopin';" Mary Chapin Carpenter's "I'll Never Fall in Love Again"). And, of course, everybody joins in for a roof-raising "I Say a Little Prayer!" We've crafted a jacket and an inner sleeve boasting production stills for the film to hold a black-and-white "tuxedo" vinyl pressing.
1. I Say a Little Prayer - Diane King
2. Wishin' and Hopin' - Ani DiFranco
3. You Don't Know Me - Jann Arden
4. Tell Him - The Exciters
5. I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself - Nicky Holland
6. I'll Be Okay - Amanda Marshall
1. The Way You Look Tonight - Tony Bennett
2. What the World Needs Now Is Love - Jackie DeShannon
3. I'll Never Fall in Love Again - Mary Chapin Carpenter
4. If You Wanna Be Happy - Jimmy Soul
5. I Say a Little Prayer - The Cast of "My Best Friend's Wedding"
6. Suite from "My Best Friend's Wedding" - James Newton Howard
Please note: This is a distributed title (which means another label pressed this release), so we do not have any extra jackets for this release in case of minor damage by the USPS in transit. To clarify, It will come packaged in a full-color jacket (as pictured) sealed with plastic wrap UNLESS requested in the comment section of your order to "open the album & place outside of the jacket prior to shipping." This is a good way to prevent potential seam splits along the top of the jacket due to careless handling by the post office, and this service is free of charge. If you forget to write in the comments of your order about shipping outside of the jacket, PLEASE EMAIL US WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER and ask us to update the notes on your order to ship outside of the jacket. Release days are hectic, especially the first few hours, so please give ample time for a response. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!